I have been into the industry for a couple of years but as I observe the car buy and sell business, I was able to notice a few timing where a seller can easily sell a car and most out of it from an old and used car. So, here is a list of mine with when is the best time you can sell your car:
Mileage of your car
If you are the person who loves to buy a new car and eventually sell it as soon as you see a new car in town then being cautious to your car’s mileage is the best thing for you. Selling your car with a low mileage would also help you earn bigger cash from your car.
A lot of car buyers are actually very cautious when it comes to the mileage of the car they are buying thus, you have to make sure you can get rid of your car immediately ones its mileage is still in a good number.
One of the issues buyers see when buying a vehicle with a high mileage is that these vehicles often have issues and if I am a buyer, I would definitely make sure to it that I won’t be having any problem with my new car the next day. So, sell your car as early as possible and earn big money from it eventually.
If you think your car has around 2 lac mileage, then try to sell it private in order to get a deal. If you fail to secure a good deal, then cash for used and old cars dealers might be a good choice for you.
- Public transportation: The price of the public transportation do actually vary from the economy and if the transportation gets expensive, people tend to buy a car instead and save money from it.
- Fuel efficiency: When the fuel price range will be on its highest, people tend to avoid driving cars and just use the public transportation but if the fuel gets at a cheaper price, that is eventually a good time for you to sell your car where you can easily find a potential buyer making use of the low fuel price.
- The popularity of your car: If you are just going to observe a car’s popularity, you would see that a car is known in a certain season and goes off in the next season thus, you have to make sure that you’ll sell your car immediately while it is still a popular one.
Car mechanical condition may also be a big factor you need to think. Many times you feel that a lot of money is needed to repair or fix major vehicle problems. These factors may include engine problem, head gasket, transmission or radiator issues for quite older vehicles. In this situation, you should consider selling your car privately. If you fail, then other option may be a car wrecker where you can get good money for your car.
Season of the year
The season of the year is actually a good factor and if you are just going to observe there are some certain vehicle that’s being in demand according to the season like:
- Spring and summer: As the sun is out during this time, sports car the most in-demand vehicle.
- Winter and fall: Since it gets rainy and snow comes during this time of the year, a truck or 4x4s is a good choice for car buyers.
Paying For Your Scrap Cars
We buy all kinds of Vehicles no matter what age or make is it. Have a look all sort of worlds top car models.
Japanese: Toyota, Nissan, Mazda, Mitsubishi, Suzuki, Honda, Subaru, Lexus, Isuzu, Daihatsu
European: Mercedes, Audi, BMW, Porsche, Opel, Volkswagen in Germany, Fiat, Alfa Romeo
American: Ford, Chevrolet, Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, Tesla and Holden
Yes, Holidays are indeed a good time of the year to sell your car. Whenever it is a Holiday season, a lot of people do love to spend it in an out of town vacation and if you are going with your family, it is well spent with a car. These are actually few of the Holiday season where you can definitely sell your car with a good price:
- College graduation: This may the most known one for you can assure that a lot of parents would be buying a car to give their kids after attaining a college degree. Also, when graduation falls, a lot of students would be heading back to their hometown which would mean that a lot of them would be needing a car and that’s the time you are going to enter the scene.
- Thanksgiving Day: I guess one of the holidays where streets in States get busier and since a lot of people are travelling by this day, I am sure there would be a number of them who would love to get a new car and yours could be it.
- Christmas Season: During Christmas season, a person tends to buy a new car from all the sales and promotion around the town but if you are going to advertise your used car which is, of course, cheaper than a new car, a potential buyer might be interested in it.
If you fail to secure a deal for your car, and it has become junk vehicle due to its age, mileage or damage. Then you can visit cash for scrap cars and dismantlers in order to get money as well as free removal for your vehicle.