Internet is flooded with various tools that can evaluate your vehicle for a current price. The evaluation on the internet is based on certain points such as make, model, year and kilometres did on the car. It also accounts for normal wear and tear of your car. Redbook is a standard tool for car evaluation which gives you a fair value for your car.
Check your car worth
First step is to find a price in the market, this can be done on phone or taking the car physically for an assessment on the spot. Usually, companies like metro car removals give obligation free quote and on the spot valuation for your car depending on make, model and year including present condition of the car.
The assessment will take into account any accident, major wear and tear including write-off condition on your car. Please be aware it is the customer’s responsibility to share all the issues such as any remaining finance. They do not take car with finance and will only pay out once it is finance free. Neither the car yard will take any stolen cars as usually they have to be reported to the police.
Is spite of above arguments, there are some different sources, depending on circumstances, you can check your car worth. Following are some of those:
- Online websites: check your vehicle price on private sale website, if you have roadworthy & registration
- Car buyers: You can call to car dealers in your area for a free quote, in case if you have less mechanical problems
- Cash for cars companies: If you want to sell your vehicle quickly, then find these companies in your local area and ask for a free quote. Only worth, if you want hassle-free vehicle sale
- Car wreckers: If you own a scrap, damaged, used or junk vehicle, the best place to sell your vehicle is car wreckers and auto dismantling companies
- Auto Salvage: Another place is to sell your scrap vehicle is car dismantlers where you can get rid of any kind of car, van, truck, 4wd or bus
- Auction: It is good but not suitable for those who don’t have time to sell their vehicle. You have to prepare for some statuary documents and wait until auction goes successfully
Tell Positive Points of your car
Also mention the good bits about your car such as, dual fuel, bull bars or tow bars, if the kilometres are less than the average that may give you a good advantage for car appraisal. Know what’s best in your vehicle, then pass them onto car buyer so that he can offer a good price for your vehicle.
The value may be more or less depending on which place you go to. Some yard, dealers have the option of taking your car and providing you with another car for the specific amount. They swap over on the spot and take your car as is for the price they quote you.
Make an offer
It is a good idea that based on your car performance to have a rough idea of what are you after for the price of the car and do bargain for your price. Usually, dealer or yard people leave some space for bargaining. At times they will ask for a price from you and it is a good indicator to increase the price for bargaining purposes. It is important for you to know that what price you want to get for your vehicle. Then you make an offer that you are happy with this price.
Be Confidence on Price
Wait until car buyer or dealer agree to price which you want in your pocket. Try with your best communication skills and be firm on it. If the buyer doesn’t agree then look around and check what your vehicle value is.
Once you are happy with either a swap over or sale of your car the next step is to organize the paperwork. The car should be sold with all its amenities such as keys and spares if you have to better your chances of a sale at a good price. Make sure you are given a proper receipt for your sale of the car. It will also include the price of the car that you sold.
An invoice should contain, the company you sold your car to, their LMCT license, a logo, their ABN number. These are the requirement for any car dealer to buy and sell cars in Australia. Having a new car or upgrading have their benefits which I will explain in later articles.